Friday, September 20, 2013

1972 Cadillac Coupe Deville rescued from a field.

I dragged this car out of a field in Vancouver, Washington intending to use it as a powertrain donor for the 1955 Pontiac Hearse Panel. In the interest of accurately assessing the car I washed it, put a new battery in it, replaced the fuel pump and filters, flushed the fuel lines, and started it up. Well, it has only 56k miles on it and run like it! I then washed the car and made the mistake of polishing the surprisingly intact paint. One pass with the DeWalt buffer made me reconsider parting it out. The results are evident. They used damn good paint back in 1972! The roof had some rust so off it came. The Dayton Wires fell into my lap for a price I couldn't turn down and suit the car perfectly. The next step in this super low budget cruiser project is to take a coil out of the springs to get the stance right.







No comments:

Post a Comment